Wednesday, July 11, 2007

LUNCH

He lay ashen face up on the pavement his mouth and eyes open a community police officer on each side one giving him CPR the other, both wearing gloves, kneeling, looking at the cut on the man’s high forehead.
- Hello. Im at the airport leaving in 20mins! And there is a flight bound for southampton..But anyway..See you in1.5 weeks..
I walked past to the post office, got served more quickly than usual, paid a few bills.
From the post office to the newsagent. On my way people in doorways, standing near the kerb watching the drama unfold on the far pavement.
- Im on the same plane as peter kay!
Talking to each other two women smiled when one said, ‘that looks like hard work.’
Over the road against a wall an ambulance arrived. The traffic stopped by the man from the newsagent. Then he walked over to the focus of attention.
- He looks kinda normal actually. Which is to be expected but a shame..
A few minutes and the ambulance left with the man loaded in the back on a stretcher. I put my phone away and went to lunch.


A DIAMOND GEEZER

‘You got any money?’ I said to her outside Sainsbury’s on the Triangle near the railings I’d locked my bike on the way home from work.
‘No,’ she said.
‘This is all the change I’ve got,’ I said looking at the coins in the palm of my left hand in my right a five pound note.
‘Here,’ I said, ‘have this.’
‘Oh cheers man, you're a geezer,’ she said, taking it, ‘a diamond geezer.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home