Monday, January 28, 2008

TNUC

Armed gang rob cash delivery van
A cash delivery van has been held up by armed robbers in Bristol City Centre.
The gang ambushed the delivery vehicle outside a branch of the Nationwide Building Society in Baldwin Street on Monday evening.
The robbers made off in a blue Rover car. An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said a vehicle was recovered in Tower Street at about 1950 GMT.
He added it was yet to be ascertained how much had been taken in the raid. Baldwin Street remains closed.
No one was thought to have been hurt in the robbery and crimes scenes investigators remain at the scene.
The spokesman said: "Police are in the process of speaking to a number of people who witnessed the incident.
"Baldwin Street is expected to be closed for a number of hours while crime scene investigators examine the area."

Baldwin Street was closed, two police cars blocking the road, when I passed on my way to the Watershed to meet a couple of friends and to see 'No Country For Old Men.'
I got to the bar where we'd agreed to meet, two men I hadn't known would be there were also sat at the table. They looked at me said nothing, as I did, but they were the intruding into my expectations.
'I'm going in now,' I said to my friend.
'Won't you look a bit silly going in this early?' he said.
'I can manage looking silly,' I said, went to Cinema 1 and read the programme for February.
When my friend sat down next to me he said, 'You don't mind them being here do you?'
'The way they looked at me I thought I had "CUNT" written on my forehead.'
He leaned forward and said, 'You have.'
'Oh,' I said. 'I thought it said, "TNUC" but then that was in the mirror.'

1 Comments:

At Tue Jan 29, 12:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps they were recovering after the bank robbery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home