Friday, May 01, 2009

TOILET FIX

‘It doesn’t take much,’ he said, ‘does it.’ coming out of the toilet in the laundry which I myself, on occasion of being on the job, have used, his trousers around his buttocks the way younger men do makes me want to shout or, if close enough, tell them, ‘Pull your trousers up,’ his belt in his hand -
‘What doesn’t?’
-giving the game away -
‘Someone’s had a shave in there and didn’t wash the sink around,’ he said. ‘It doesn’t take much, I was saying.’
Looking at him and thinking, ‘Why’s he telling me this, his belt in hand makes it obvious what he’s up to, trying to make out he was there legit, like I care, too.’
I said, ‘You wouldn’t think so.’
‘Well, I’ve done it now,’ he said, earning his occupation.
Long job was it? as he’d been fifteen minutes, more time than I’d’ve took cleaning a sink.
‘Well,’ he said. eyes on the clock, ‘Better go.’
‘Yeh,’ I said, ‘you better had.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home