Monday, June 29, 2009

LIKE US

The money hasn’t come through so I phoned the garage said I’d be there later in the week not this morning. The man I spoke to was friendly and I finished the conversation with, 'Lovely job.'.
Caught the number seven bus from Whitehall Road and sat next to a man had long grey hair and a beard, and behind an older heterosexual couple.
The Lawrence Hill roundabout through Old Market to the new complex stop that the bus drivers like but creates more dangers for pedestrians. It was here a woman, wearing full-length dress, included a long headscarf, got up to get off the bus.
‘It’s disgusting, isn’t it?’ said the woman in front of me to the man next to her.
‘Is it?’ he said.
‘You wouldn’t know it was a man or a woman,’ she said. ‘I think we should know that’s all, it's rude,’ she said. ‘And if people come over here, well, they ought to fit in, do things like us.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home