Friday, July 31, 2009

TIMES LIKE THIS…

Got back to the flats and the man lives on the first floor held the front doors for me to follow him through.
‘Thanks,’ I said, twice…or did I say, ‘Cheers’ one of those times?
Anyway, the lift was there, we didn’t have to wait for the gift left for us (I do take it personally, yes).
‘Is that what I think it is?’ he said, leaning down to take a closer look.
‘It looks like it and smells like it,’ I said. ‘So I’m guessing it is.’
‘I agree,’ he said, straightening up and saying, ‘It’s beyond...’
‘Beggars,’ I said.
The lift stopped and he got out but turned to say, before the door closed, ‘How far you got to go?’
‘The top,’ I said.
When I got to the top I knew I couldn’t leave the shit, which was undoubtedly human, there in the lift where the D and her friend might find it, so I got a bucket and mop and disinfectant and spent five minutes cleaning it up.
Times like this…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home