Wednesday, February 01, 2006

STEP AND SUITCASE

From a window of my flat high up in the tower block where I live in the centre of town I saw one of the estate caretakers walking up the path bend down pick up some rubbish from just under a bush walk a bit further then left up the steps.
Yesterday coming home up Kings Square a woman pulling a suitcase crossed the road in front of me without looking and apologised as I passed behind her.
I was waiting for the lift to come from the tenth floor it’d taken three people I’d said to, ‘I’ll wait if you send it down,’ because it would’ve been a squeeze with them and me and my bike and I wasn’t in a hurry. I heard someone come through the front doors and turned to see who it was and said, ‘hello,’ to the woman’d been pulling the suitcase and who now stood smiling a little way back from me.
When we got in the lift I said, ‘mind where you tread,’ and pointed to the spit on the floor. She minded where she stood and as the lift took us up she said, ‘I haven’t lived here long and I like it but I wish people would respect the place.’ I agreed said, ‘I agree,’ to let her know.
The lift stopped at the floor below mine and the woman got out minding her step and suitcase and said, ‘bye,’ and I said, ‘bye.’

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 01, 11:57:00 AM, Blogger baruch said...

Do you think any of your neighbours read this blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home