Friday, April 21, 2006

TAXI

‘Here’re the train times, I phoned for them,’ she said unfolding a small piece of paper she’d taken out of her right side back pocket. ‘You probly won’t get that one,’ pointing to “15:12”, written on the paper, ‘more likely that one,’ pointing to “15:42”.
‘Yeh, that’s the one I want,’ I said, ‘which one you after?’
‘Same one.’
‘How you getting to the station?’
‘Taxi. You could come with us but there’s three of us and she might come too and how many people can you have in a taxi...?’
‘You stopping for a smoke first?’
‘Yes.’
‘Oh, well, I’ll get on my way, see you around.’
‘Bye,’ she said.

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 24, 08:29:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Did you feel left out

 
At Mon Apr 24, 09:47:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I did
saw them later at New Street station, they walked right past,
then later at Temple Meads, I walked right past...which no doubt taught them a lesson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home