Tuesday, May 23, 2006

ON THE CORNER OVER THE ROAD

Kneeling at the small green leaf lying on the pavement. Fifteen centimetres NNE of the leaf a magnolia coloured piece of chewing gum stepped flat on the tarmac.
Grey hair glasses a royal blue fleece zipped to her neck.
Thumbs up, ‘alright?’
She waved and smiled.
By a road sign thinking, ‘she’s behind me shall I stop and say more than I have already or keep going without saying another word?’
On the corner over the road I said, ‘nice bit of sun.’
'Yes.’
I said, ‘it’s windy,’ making a fish swimming motion with my right hand.
‘Yes,’ nodding her head.
She said, ‘it was raining this morning.’
‘It’s difficult to know what to wear.’
‘Yes,’ pulling at the collar of her fleece.
‘Going to town?’ I said, pointing in town’s direction.
Thumbs up.
'Me too.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home