Friday, May 19, 2006

SUGGESTION

‘You know when the lift’s supposed to be done?’ I asked Godmother in the laundry this morning.
‘Few weeks ago,’ she said, ‘on my way up the stairs carrying my laundry bag over my shoulder, I met one of them doing the work and he said it’d be three weeks. Couple of days ago, Tuesday, Wednesday, I think, another one said it was going to be longer, but they’ve got to be out of here by November.’
‘Thing is they got to do the next one after,’ I said.
‘Then we’ll get all the undesirables coming in the back and messing up that one.’
‘Yeh, at least that one has always been clean, doesn’t get the things in it the front one does.’
‘It’s getting worse.’
‘I know,’ I said, ‘someone pulled the suggestion box off the wall the other day.’
‘I’ve got a suggestion,’ said Godmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home