Monday, May 15, 2006

CORRECTION

Met for coffee at ‘Sufi’s’.
The woman who served, noticed me, when I’d sat down, take two painkillers from the packet, from the pocket of my jacket, and said, from behind the counter, ‘you want some water for those?’
‘Yes, thanks,’ I said and, ‘thank you very much,’ when she brought over to our table the water in a glass on a saucer.
When we finished the first cup the woman I’d met said, ‘shall we have another one?’
‘Yes,’ I stood slowly, groaned slightly my back sore and said, ‘isn’t it my turn to pay? I’m sure it is you know.’
‘No, it isn’t...and there’s a story to that,’ she got up, ‘I’ll tell you when I get back,’ and went to order.
When she was back at the table I said, ‘what have I done then?’
‘It’s not what you’ve done, it’s what you wrote on your blog about when we met and you said that as we left the cafe you paid for the drinks.’
‘Yes,’ I said, ‘I remember...and?’
‘You forgot something.’
‘What?’
‘The bit where I gave you the money.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home