Monday, May 08, 2006

MONDAY MORNING

Tired these last days so this morning wanted to sleep as long as possible before getting up but it still wasn’t enough and had a headache when I woke.
Thought of going to the doctor’s to order a re-prescription for the only medication deals with the migraines come mostly, now I’m not drinking, from my lack of sleep.
But the entry phone rang and it was TD, who said when he got in the flat, ‘I was walking around...well not just walking, I had to go to the bank.’
Put the kettle on for coffee for him and tea for me, said, ‘you want any food?’
‘You got any biscuits?’
‘No.’
‘Chocolate?’
‘No, but I got some of those sugared almonds you gave me a while back. You want some of those?’
‘Yeh, I’ll have a couple.’
I passed them to him.
He said, ‘I don’t like tea or coffee on an empty stomach.’
‘Yeh, tea makes me shudder if I don’t eat before, if it’s the first cup of the day...not coffee though...and I don’t know why...’
Went out to the kitchen when the kettle boiled, made the drinks, brought them in, gave him his, then sat down in the chair opposite with mine.
‘Who’s going to win the next election then?’ he said.
‘I don’t know. You’re the one seems to have his finger on the political pulse.’
‘Well, I listen to radio four.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home