Monday, May 01, 2006

I SAW HER AGAIN LAST NIGHT

A couple of weeks ago coming out of a shop in the Galleries sold Easter eggs she passed right in front of me. I watched the back of her go in to Woolworth’s. She didn’t look round so’d probly not seen me.
I saw her again last night.
She got off a bus opposite where I sat drinking coffee at a table outside a cafe. She walked twenty metres or so to the right before I crossed the road, followed behind along the pavement ans saw her turn left into a doorway.
It was the third time I’d seen her that day. First, was through the window of a bus taking me out of town; second, she came up to me said, ‘hello,’ as I sat on some steps in a hall rubbing my face with my hands, we had a conversation; and now this.
I waited a few minutes thinking what to do before going, where I seen her go, through the doorway that led into a restaurant where a waiter approached as I entered and gave me a pair of blue plastic glasses and said, ‘you want a table?’
I pointed where she sat on her own saying, ‘I’ve come to see her.’
The waiter got out my way and I went towards her.
She looked up from the menu, saw me, said, ‘what do you want?’
‘I’ve come to see you.’
‘Why?’
‘I want to talk, come with me,’ and beckoned her with my hand, ‘come with me.’
She shook her head, said, ‘no.’
I turned round walked away and gave the blue plastic glasses to the waiter who held the door open for me as I left.
On my way back to a small room in the maze I realised, that in all the time I’d known her since, we’d not once said anything about what happened.

1 Comments:

At Mon May 01, 08:32:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

I wonder why you didn't sit down and talk to her in the restaurant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home