Saturday, April 22, 2006

HELLO DOLL

‘Hello, Doll,’ she said when I arrived nearly half an hour late for work this morning.
Got back from a gig in the early hours and my alarm clock had stopped so thought there was more time for me to lie in bed than there was.
Told last night, by my colleague who’d come to watch us play, who it was going to be working with me today, I groaned and got an apology, ‘sorry, but she was the only option.’
Calling me “Doll” isn’t her only offense.
Somehow I’ve let her have control of the kitchen when we work together and she never, and I mean never, manages to have the meals ready on time. When I cook this is not the case.
At the end of today’s shift, she said, ‘if you need me next weekend, Doll, give me a call.’
‘Yes, ok,’ I said.
‘Well, don’t sound too enthusiastic.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home