Tuesday, May 02, 2006

HE PHONED FOR A WALK

He phoned said, ‘I’m going to Snuff Mills you want to come?’
‘I’m right in the middle of something,’ I said, ‘what you going there for?’
‘Need to get out. Thought I’d go for a stroll but if you’re busy...’
‘Well, I was going to finish this then go into town...’
‘There somewhere nice to walk in town?’
‘No.’
‘That’s the problem isn’t it? he said. ‘Unless you get in the car and drive there’s nowhere near here that’s nice to walk.’
‘There’s that hill in St. Werburgh’s...what’s it called now?’
‘Narroways.’
‘Yeh, that’s it. You can ride there from yours.’
‘Yeh, suppose so. What about in town?’
‘Nowhere like there, but Castle Park, that’s okay, down by the river. But I like Broadmead and thought I’d finish what I’m doing then go for a coffee.’
‘You want to go in to town then?’
‘Yeh, come over.’
‘Ok.’

1 Comments:

At Wed May 03, 07:41:00 AM, Blogger baruch said...

its nice to be in demand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home