Saturday, May 13, 2006

TIME’S COME

Got in the lift, with my hands full, went down a few floors, stopped, door opened and a man, used to live here, moved out, comes back now to visit, got in.
‘Alright?’ he said.
‘Hello.’
We didn’t speak to each other some floors and I watched as he looked at the two addressed and stamped envelopes he shuffled.
‘And you? You alright?’ I said.
‘Yes. Well, sort of.’
‘What’s up?’
‘I’m waiting to be re-housed.’
‘Oh, yeh?’
‘Yeh, I had to leave where I was living and I’m staying with a friend.’
Lift reached the ground floor we got out.
‘Oh, yeh?’
He held the two front doors open for me and said as I walked through, ‘now I got to leave my friend’s place.’
‘Oh, yeh?’
‘Well you know what it’s like staying at a friend’s.’
‘I do.’
Both outside, doors closed behind us.
‘Eventually time comes you got to get some space, you know?’
‘Sounds like it’s come, already.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home