Friday, May 19, 2006

WRITTEN ON THE FUSELAGE

Godmother said she’d seen the Airbus as it flew over Filton.
At Riverside Garden Centre yesterday, buying aquatic compost, grit, and two packets of bean seeds, I saw the assistant, had shown me to the stuff I wanted, run out from the shop, in to the open, point upwards, saw everyone else there look up, so I did too.
Two planes overhead. One above the other.
The closer was huge, not seen anything like. It banked slowly right, toward Clifton Suspension Bridge. I saw, ‘Airbus,’ written on the fuselage, and ‘A380’ written on the side of the tail.
‘That’s the big one,’ said the assistant, ‘isn’t it amazing?’
‘I wouldn’t like to clear up the mess if it crashed,’ I said.

1 Comments:

At Fri May 19, 11:38:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

I saw it too. I was at Horfield Jobcentre with a client. He was kicking off - so the plane was a welcome distraction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home