Tuesday, June 27, 2006

CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Took a photograph of a seagull was standing on the corner of the rampart of the King Charles pub’s been closed a few months since being repossessed.
As I walked away after he said from left of me, ‘you with the company?’
‘No,’ I said looking at his blue eyes. ‘I’m taking photographs.’
‘I used to run that pub.’
‘You weren’t the one ran it when it got closed, were you?’
‘No, but he let me have it eighteen months ago or so and it was really buzzing, got it going, we did.’
‘Yeh? I wondered how he could keep it going three or four people drinking a night doesn’t make a living. Sometimes I passed there was music and more people then but not often.’
He said, ‘we had DJs and stuff during the week and at the weekend we’d have gaming nights. I’d set out twelve computers and off we’d go...’
- BikeWorld on our right -
‘...we’d have competitions with the Full Moon.’
‘What, online?’ I said.
‘It might be the last pub on Stokes Croft,’ he said thumbing over his left shoulder the direction we’d come from.
‘Be a shame if it is.’
‘They’re turning that into a backpacker’s hostel and having a wine bar.’
‘What, the Full Moon?’
‘Yeh, that into a backpacker’s hostel and have the Eclipse as a small wine bar.’
‘The Eclipse?’ I said.
‘Yes,’ he said, ‘a wine bar on Stokes Croft. Can you imagine?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home