Saturday, July 22, 2006

CENTRAL RESERVATION

She texted, ‘thanks for the clean flat to come back to.’
She’d flown in from Ireland while I was in London. Now I was driving back and had a clear run all the way home took an hour and forty minutes.
The journey there earlier was twice as long half the time spent as part of a ten-mile tailback on the motorway.
The radio said, ‘...between junctions sixteen and fifteen caused by an accident a car going into the central reservation and between fifteen and fourteen where a lorry’s broken down.’
I didn’t feel any sympathy for the driver of the car went into the central reservation only annoyance at what I imagined to be their excessive speed or talking on the phone or whatever took their attention off the road meant I was trapped in a car on the motorway in the sun and might be late for the meeting I was on my way to.
I told her later and she said, ‘that’s horrible, you’re horrible, so selfish...they might’ve been killed.’
‘At least I wasn’t late,’ I said. ‘I got there in good time, had a coffee before we started.’

2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 13, 07:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At Fri Aug 18, 11:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home