Tuesday, July 04, 2006

CVS

‘My vomiting disturb you?’ he said.
‘Your what?’ I said.
‘My vomiting...you heard it?’
‘Why, you doing it outside my door?’
‘No,’ he said. ‘Just I’ve been vomiting a lot the last few days. I’ve got CVS and I thought you might’ve heard me.’
‘No,’ I said, ‘can’t say I have.’
‘The wife’s away and I’m doing it a lot at the moment.’
‘What’s CVS?’
‘Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome, start vomiting can’t stop...thing is I take morphine for my back doesn’t help me eat, I lost three stone once...’
‘Must be difficult this time of year losing all that liquid.’
‘Yeh, it is.’
The three of us got out the lift and as I put the key in my door he said to us, ‘anyway, have a nice day.’

4 Comments:

At Wed Jul 05, 08:09:00 AM, Blogger baruch said...

I thought he was making CVS up - but I googled it - and he wasn't

 
At Wed Jul 05, 07:51:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wed Jul 05, 09:04:00 PM, Blogger sb4444 said...

Yes, there's a Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome club that meets every Friday at the Lego church.
You can tell its members as they wear bits of diced carrots on their lapels.

 
At Thu Jul 06, 09:49:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

apparently they commune with God on the big white telephone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home