Thursday, July 13, 2006

SALVAGE JOB

‘Hope we don’t get stuck,’ said the woman with the child.
‘That’s something to think about,’ I said.
‘It happened last week,’ said With as the child tapped the door with her fingers, ‘there were eight people in it too.’
‘Now that is a nightmare,’ I said.
‘How’d they all fit in?’ said the woman without a child.
‘It’s supposed to take eight people comfortably,’ said With.
‘Maybe they got in the coffin hole,’ I said.
On the way to the upper floors after With and child’d got out, Without said, ‘what they should do is knock this whole building down.’
‘No way,’ I said. ‘I really like it. I think it’s got a lot going for it. They could do some work on it, make an effort, invest some time and money in it.’
‘Yes, I suppose so,’ she said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home