Monday, July 10, 2006

KEY FOB

Went to the area housing office to get a second key fob my original spare being stolen earlier this year when my flat was burgled.
‘You’ll have to pay five pounds,’ said the man behind the desk when I explained why I was there, ‘unless you’ve the crime number?’
‘I haven’t got it,’ I said.
‘That’ll be five pounds for the fob then.’
‘Yes you said.’
‘Give me the one you’ve got and I’ll cancel the one got stolen.’
‘Not this one though?’ I said.
‘No, we can do them seperately,’ he said.
I gave him the fob.
He said, ‘if you go to the cash desk pay the five pounds and I’ll get you the new fob.’
Over at the cash desk I read some of the out of date and current pamphlets on display as I waited for someone to appear behind the glass to take my money.
‘You got the reciept?’ said the man when I went back to the front desk.
‘Er, no, there’s no one there.’
‘Ring the bell and someone’ll come round.’
Two minutes later I’d paid the fiver, got a receipt had it copied and been given the new spare key fob.
‘Ten minutes,’ he said when I asked how long it’d be before it’d work, ‘they’re updating the system now.’
‘Oh,’ I said, went back home tried the new fob which didn’t work so used the old one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home