Thursday, September 21, 2006

THE MAN WAS A DOG

Driving through town and slowed down when I saw up ahead my side of the road blocked by an accident involving two cars, one’d gone into the other.
I drove round the right side of the road leaving enough room for traffic coming the opposite direction to get by.
As I passed the accident I saw there was a body in the road and I thought, ‘it’s a dead body, I’ve not seen one before.’
In the waiting area after parking the car I walked up to where my daughter sat and said, ‘when did you dye your hair?’
She pulled at the bright pink and electric blue strands and said not looking at me but straight ahead, ‘what’s it to you?’
‘I just wondered, is all.’
I sat down next to her and said, ‘did you see the accident outside?’
‘No.’
‘Come and have a look.’
There was an ambulance and paramedics but no one seemed to be attending the body still motionless in the road. But as we stood on the pavement watching the scene I noticed the head move from side to side then up and down.
‘It’s not dead,’ I said.
The body was a man who now got up on to his feet then fell on to all fours was a dog who did somersaults in front of us before running off up the road and round the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home