Saturday, December 08, 2007

I SAW HER THERE

‘Hold it, hold it, hold it,’ she said locking the door was on the far right corner of the landing the lift had stopped.
‘Er, er, er,’ I said from the lift, looking at the buttons for the one to press. Then I put my arm through the door opening which always works.
‘Thanks,’ she said a quick glance toward me then running into the lift.
‘It’s a surprise when it comes so quickly,’ I said.
She nodded.
‘Usually you end up waiting for ages thinking you could’ve used the stairs, it would’ve been quicker.’
‘Hmm,’ she said. Not many people use the stairs. Mostly junkies have just scored. And I think there's a naughty step.
This woman’s mother lives in another of the blocks and her daughter spat twice in the lift the last time I saw her there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home