Tuesday, April 01, 2008

MAKING US WAIT

Me and Daughter were waiting for the lift to come up to go down when all of a sudden I heard the door to the corridor open. I turned saw Jock come through and stand behind us.
‘Hello,’ I said.
‘Alright.’
Pause.
‘Is it the football tonight?’
‘Yeh.’
‘Liverpool?’
‘No,’ he said. ‘That’s tomorrow. It’s United tonight,’ he said. ‘Liverpool have got Arsenal tomorrow then in the league on Saturday then next week as well.’
‘That’s a lot of playing each other, isn’t it?’ I said.
‘It’s all Liverpool have got, well and trying to keep fourth.’
‘Worth a lot of money,’ I said.
‘It is,’ he said. ‘Worth a lot of money.’
‘Like City,’ I said. ‘Ten million guaranteed if they make the Premiership.’
‘I reckon they’re better off where they are, where they’re comfortable, don’t want to do a Leeds.’
‘They might do a Derby.’
A door the flat in the far corner opened and the three of us turned to see the Brother, carrying a black bin liner, through to the corridor without looking up and at us. Jock looked at me and raised his eyebrows and neither of us said anything.
The lift came and Brother’s brother got out.
‘It was you, was it?’ said Jock. ‘Making us wait.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home