Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ANY COLDER

It was our last meeting so we said goodbye.
I set the alarm, locked the door, closed the gates to the car park, and walked along the towpath.
The train was delayed at the station.
‘Sorry about this but we’re waiting for the signal which appears not to be working at this time,’ said a male voice.
There wasn’t much room. One man huffed and puffed out the window, another opened the door, stepped up into the vestibule.
He was angry, ‘People trying to get on and you lot in the way?’

I phoned my dad when I got home and told him what I’d done, ‘I won’t see them again.’
‘Who?’
‘Don’t you remember?’ I said. ‘I’ve told you, lots of times.’
‘Oh,’ he said. ‘I’ve been eating my tea while I’ve been talking.’
‘I noticed.’
‘Well anyway,’ he said. ‘I want to go and finish my meal before it gets any colder.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home