Sunday, April 06, 2008

THE OTHER WAY

BB phoned to say he had the next two Saturdays off and would I like to get a gig in the cafe on Stokes Croft, ‘The one you mentioned a while back?’
‘Yeh, okay,’ I said. ‘I’ll go down there now, drop a demo off.
‘The manager isn’t here,’ she said when I asked who I’d give the demo to.
‘When will that be?’
‘Thursday.’
She took the cd, said she’d give it to him then.
I went in a couple of days later said to the manager, ‘I left a demo the other day.’
‘Oh yes,’ he said. ‘She said she’d put it in here somewhere,’ searching through some papers underneath the counter. ‘We got your number?’
‘It’s on the cd,’ I said.
‘I’ll give it a listen then text you,’ he said.
‘Okay.’
Saturday I phoned BB.
‘I’ve just been in and he still hasn’t listenened to it, it won’t be today.’
Thursday last my mobile rang, it was BB.
‘He’s got my number and I gave him my e-mail,’ I said. ‘Still nothing.’
As I was telling her this walking down Picton Street yesterday, the manager from the cafe came the other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home