Wednesday, March 15, 2006

THE IDES OF MARCH

‘Beware the Ides of March,’ the warning given Julius Caesar he ignored which is odd believing himself all things to all men.
Met a woman, ‘not seen you a while,’ she said after asking me, ‘you still live here?’ pointing at the flats and I’d said, ‘yes.’
We chatted briefly.
‘The lifts are out for three months,’ she said holding up three fingers.
‘I hope it’s worth it,’ I said and she agreed.
When I was moving in onto one of the top floors of the block I met her in the lift and she said, ‘come for a cup of tea sometime.’
I’ve not been so far being unable to ignore my suspicions about the motivations of others though I know that sometimes a cup of tea is just a cup of tea.

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 17, 08:14:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Is she attractive?

 
At Fri Mar 17, 11:19:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

no, but very friendly and I make a point of speaking to her. She's deaf too so our conversation is a mix of hand signals and verbals. I try to be friendly to all the older women partly to dispel whatever fear they may have of me and also because I think as a group they talk to each other and I'd like them to know me as "ok", "safe", if you know what I mean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home