Monday, February 27, 2006

I SAW A MOUSE

As I lay in bed drifting in and out of sleep I listened to the radio a man reading ‘Goldfish.’ Thought of going down town for a coffee but instead washed-up a few large plates and some cutlery.

Last night me and two friends came out the pub and I saw a mouse running in the gutter then across the road.
‘Look a mouse,’ I said, ‘I’m going to stamp on it.’
‘No don’t do that that’s horrible.’
‘I wouldn’t really.’
‘Well if you do I’m going to stop you.’
‘I said I won’t.’
‘You said you would.’
‘Yeh, but I said I wouldn’t.’

One of my friends went home on his own. I went back to the other’s house and had a cup of tea and a bowl of cold soup made with vegetables picked from his allotment then rode back to the flats on a bike I’d borrowed earlier that night because mine’s still damaged from the accident I had a week or so ago.

5 Comments:

At Tue Feb 28, 06:22:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Was the soup supposed to be cold

 
At Tue Feb 28, 11:08:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

your gazpacho is as good as mine

 
At Thu Mar 02, 12:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many friends is that? ?

 
At Thu Mar 02, 12:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many friends is that? ?

 
At Thu Mar 02, 03:26:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

one less than not very long ago apparently

 

Post a Comment

<< Home