Sunday, February 19, 2006

SIRENS

Was in The Eclipse with my daughter and a friend of mine watching Villa play Man City in the cup.
Sirens
I turned left to look out the window to see what and saw three fire engines go up towards Dove Street and daughter said, ‘I hope I turned the cooker off.’
I said, ‘I saw it was off when you’d done.’
She looked at me and I said, ‘you sure you turned it off?’
'You trying to freak me out?’ she said.
Siren - look - ambulance
‘You sure?’ I said - she read the paper.

When my friend’d arrived he said, ‘here’s something for you - coming here two women on the bus were talking about a man they knew and first said, “...yeh, but how can he afford it?” and second, “he’s been dealing crack,” and first, “oh, I thought he was dealing smack.”’
‘Don’t they know people’ll hear them?’ I asked.
‘I don’t know,’ said my friend, ‘they were at the back of the bus and I was at the front so everyone must’ve heard.’
‘Well they can’t think or they want to be heard.’
‘Yeh, well, maybe.’

1 Comments:

At Tue Feb 21, 07:30:00 PM, Blogger Where are my blogs? said...

hey, thanks for the comment on my blog, much appreciated... have read some of yours as well; funny! (well, sorry about being knocked off your bike an' all, *cough*)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home