Thursday, March 02, 2006

DO IT IN THE ROAD

Flats - lift - 13 - call - coming down - stop - 5 - coming down - G

Door opened woman with two large full bags of laundry’s why it stopped at 5 is where the communal laundry is.
She said, ‘squeeze in if you can,’ I could as I was she said, ‘I had to be careful where I put the bags I didn’t want to put them in any spit.’
‘Not always easy,’ I said.
‘No, I don’t know why they do it, not as if they have to. If I want to spit I save it, gag a bit sometimes makes me feel sick, but I do it in the road.’
‘Yeh, I think, “why can’t they wait til they get outside or do it in their own homes?”’
‘Yeh, looks like it’s spitting for its own sake not like they’re ill or something,’ she said.
‘Some of it makes me feel ill.’
‘I think,’ she said, ‘it’s got worse since they put that notice up,’ pointing to where, just below the CCTV camera, a notice said -

Please do
not smoke or spit
in this lift

‘You mean it’s like defiance?’ I said
lift stopped
‘Yeh, and when they smoke it’s not normal cigarettes they smoke it’s weed,’ she said as she got out and something then I didn’t catch.
We said, ‘bye,’ to each other.

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 03, 08:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about spit makes me gag...
Did you hear about the man who got some vinegar in his ear, now he suffers from pickled hearing.

 
At Fri Mar 03, 10:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no

 

Post a Comment

<< Home